Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Just One More Thing


Now I'm standing in the in midst of a war zone (i.e. 'kitchen'), dishes bubbling on the cook top, the oven hissing joyfully, serving spoons ready to go, piles of dirty little dishes in the sink.

I have a hard time convincing myself I'm really done. Maybe one more dish? we don't want the guests to go hungry... what will they say?

I have a list for the month, for each week, for the day, for the different parts of the day: first shift in the morning (some call it 'work'), second shift in the afternoon (kids), third shift in the evening (whatever didn't get done in the last two shifts, plus Hubby). So while Princess dances and Handsome plays, I do the shopping, put a little something in the oven, a small load in the washer and off to do my schlepping rounds. 5 minutes are a whole lot when you are having fun... Maybe I'll make it to Marshals, it's right by the supermarket.... Get One More Thing done.

I teach my ways to my kids, too. We review Math on the way to school, read in one language on the way back, read to Hubby when he gets home, review spelling words over breakfast. If there's any more time we plan ahead - but of course!

I wake up at around 2am. A mysterious purplish light shines through the room. For a moment there I think the mother ship has finally come for me! But as I approach the source, Princess' iPod, I see the Smurfs message about the ripened tomatoes.

Halleluiah blue friends, I'll add gazpacho to the list!


No comments:

Post a Comment